provide a unique type of education that’s not easily found elsewhere. They offer a curriculum that’s completely customized to the students in each class, and they emphasize a global perspective. In most cases, students in international schools come from all over the world. ICSE schools are no different. Students at international schools are almost always enrolled to study the ICSE curriculum. This is because international schools follow the Indian Council for School Education (ICSE) guidelines and standards.
This article will provide you with everything you need to know about ICSE schools, including the benefits, common misconceptions, and different options you have.
ICSE Board Curriculum
The ICSE curriculum was developed by a team of experts with years of experience working on international education. It’s based on the “Tri-Supreme” of the Arts, the Sciences, and the Social Sciences, as well as the importance of Understanding, Critical Thinking, and Citizenship skills. The core subjects of the curriculum include:
The purpose of the ICSE Board curriculum is to provide an international education that’s based on a foundation of knowledge and skills learned in the classroom. The curriculum helps students to build a strong academic foundation needed to be successful in school and in life.
At the same time, the curriculum is also designed to encourage creativity and allow room for innovation and individualized learning.
- English – The study of spoken and written English.
- Arts – The study of art forms, with a concentration on visual and performing arts.
- Social Sciences – The study of human societies, cultures, and environments, with a focus on applications.
- STEM – The study of subjects in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
- Indian Culture and Civilization – The study of India and its culture and society, including their contributions to world civilization.
- Indian Constitution and Legal System – The study of the Constitution and the legal system of India, with an emphasis on the rights and responsibilities of individuals.
- History of India – The study of the history of India, with an emphasis on the development of Indian culture and society.
The curriculum at St. Andrews World School
The curriculum at St. Andrews World School is very balanced. It is designed to give a sound foundation in the basics of all the major subjects. There is a very good balance of academic and co-curricular pursuits. The curriculum is aligned with the International Baccalaureate (IB) program. The curriculum at St. Andrews World School is very challenging. It prepares the students very well for higher education.